Jun 14, 2013

The Philhealth Household Employer Under the Kasambahay Law: Register, Pay, Report [Updated July 31, 2014]

UPDATE: On December 2013, the government launched the 3-in-1 kasambahay registration system for SSS, Philhealth, and HDMF.

This change affects the forms you need to submit in steps 1 to 3 of this guide. The contribution and contribution reporting process (steps 4 and 5) remain the same, as far as we know.

Please click on the link to download and learn how to use the Kasambahay and Household Employer Unified Registration Form.

Under the Kasambahay Law, kasambahays need to be registered as Philhealth members. If your kasambahay is not yet registered as an Individually Paying Member of the Philhealth, you could fulfill the Kasambahay Law by registering as a household employer and declaring your kasambahay as a household employee.

So what are the steps for registering as a Philhealth household employer? And what are your obligations after you have registered?

Here's a step-by-step guide:

1. To register as employer, fill out the forms ER-1 and ER-2.

NOTE: As per my call to Philhealth, if you report your kasambahay's start date to be earlier than the month that you register, then you and your kasambahay will be required to pay arrears based on the amounts required before the Kasambahay Law, with a 2% penalty (more or less – I am not sure about the exact computation) on the amount due to you as employer.

2. To register your kasambahay as member, have him/her fill out the Philhealth Member Registration Form for enrollment or to update member details.

3. To complete your registration, submit the forms and required supporting documents to a Philhealth office.

4. Start paying your kasambahay's Philhealth contributions.
  • If your kasambahay is earning less than P5,000 per month, you are required to pay P200 per month. You shoulder this entirely.
  • If your kasambahay is earning from P5,000 to P7,999 per month, you are required to pay P100 while your kasambahay is required to contribute P100 as well.
  • If your kasambahay is earning P8,000 or more per month, click on the Premium Contribution Table link at Philhealth's Employed page to see how much you and your employee needs to pay. 
Remit your employees' Philhealth contributions on or before the 10th of the following month. Use the PhilHealth Premium Payment Slip to remit contributions.

Where to pay: Click on the link to find a list of Philhealth accredited collecting partners.

5. Report your payment to Philhealth on or before the 15th of the following month using the Remittance Report Form, or RF-1. To do this, you either go to a Philhealth office or report online using the Electronic Premium Reporting System (EPRS). Bring a USB to download the files you need for the EPRS.

The Nanay Notebook is written by Blessie Adlaon, a work-at-home and homeschooling mom of four. Check out our About page to know more about this blog's author and our policies on advertising, press releases, and reposting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...