Jul 11, 2013

The PAG-IBIG/HDMF Household Employer Under the Kasambahay Law: Register, Pay, Report

UPDATE: On December 2013, the government launched the 3-in-1 kasambahay registration system for SSS, Philhealth, and HDMF.

This change affects the forms you need to submit in the Register portion of this guide. The Pay and Report processes remain the same, as far as we know.

Please click on the link to download and learn how to use the Kasambahay and Household Employer Unified Registration Form.


To register as an HDMF household employer, go to the Pag-Ibig online registration portal and choose Employer's Registration.

Fill out the form. For Business Name (per DTI/SEC registration), you can put your own name. For Start of Business Operation, put the date that your first househelp (who is still with you) started working for you.

Once you have completed and submitted the form, an employer number will be generated for you, along with a filled-out copy of the form.

Print this form and submit to the HDMF office, Marketing Division, a.k.a. Counter 1, along with
  1. your kasambahay's membership data form (MDF), which was generated when you registered your kasambahay online (if you haven't done that yet, click here and choose Household Employee as your kasambahay's membership type);
  2. your SSS form R1-A, R1 (photocopy), and R-3; and 
  3. your Member's Contributions Remittance Form (MCRF).
Why is the HDMF looking for SSS documents? According to the SSS contact center, the two government offices are not yet connected, but they soon will be.

Interestingly, the agent I spoke with also mentioned that when she applied as household employer in June 2013, the HDMF did not ask her for any of the abovementioned documents, and they did not ask her to register as employer at the online portal either. 

So apparently, between then and now, there has been a change in policy.

After you register yourself as employer and your kasambahay as employee, you will be asked to pay the initial contribution.

Pay and Report

If your kasambahay is earning less than P5k per month, you will pay 4% of the kasambahay's salary. If your kasambahay is earning P5k or more, you will pay P200 to the HDMF, but you are allowed by law to collect P100 from your kasambahay, as his/her 50% share.

You need to go to the Pag-Ibig office to remit the payment, along with the Member's Contribution Remittance Form.


Note that if you report your kasambahay to have been with you since 2005, you may be charged as far back as 2010, based on the Home Development Mutual Fund Law of 2009, which took effect in January 2010. The interest for HDMF arrears is 1% per month.

The Nanay Notebook is written by Blessie Adlaon, a work-at-home and homeschooling mom of four. Check out our About page to know more about this blog's author and our policies on advertising, press releases, and reposting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...